'' Simply the best all-round astrophotography workshop you can participate in.'' customer review
The Troms area is one of Norway's most dramatic landscapes right within the Arctic circle. It is spectacular during the day but at night it turns into aurora paradise. Its location right in the middle of the auroral oval offers the best viewing opportunities one can imagine, even when the activity is low. Away from Tromsø, the little light pollution, allows you to see many other celestial phenomena like the milky way, meteor showers, comets, galaxies and much more.
We offer a six-hour guided photography outdoor workshop. Adrien will guide you to spectacular locations around the area to give you the best night time shooting opportunities. From there you will learn the where to point your camera, the best angles, how to capture the best of your subjects and much more. Adrien will also focus on aurora chasing and how to best predict / photograph the lights.
NB: Our field workshops DO NOT include transportation. Customers must meet our guide on location in their own means of transportation. (Please read terms and conditions below)
Night Lights' photographer Adrien Mauduit is also an experienced aurora chaser with almost 10 years of expertise in many countries like the USA, Canada, Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Finland. He is a specialist in aurora chasing and received advanced training in the field of Space Weather. Needless to say you will be in some of the best hands in this field!
Where and when?
This tour can be taken alone or in addition to any of our other activities during the aurora season around the Tromsø area (September 1st - April 10th). You can see when we dispense this activity when you book. It takes place in the Tromsø area island but we will convene of a meeting place after booking is confirmed.
The workshop consists of a six-hour workshop. Please note that we only organize the service for those with their own cars for legal issues. You will simply meet Adrien on location in your own car. It means that Night Lights declines all responsibility for damage, incidents or accidents during the driving part (see terms and conditions below). Please bring adequate and adapted clothing, enough food and water. Also, remember to bring ALL your photography gear (Camera, wide angle lens(es), sturdy tripod, batteries, SD card, shutter remote (not indispensable). We will provide warm drink and snacks, and some gear can be rented out from our headquarters (contact Adrien).
This service costs NOK 3000 per person with a NOK 500 non-refundable, online deposit upon booking. The rest is paid in person upon attending (all major credit cards accepted). By proceeding with the booking you are accepting the terms of payment for the class, as well as the liability/responsibility terms stated in 'How?' above.
To Book, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org as our schedule is really packed with client shooting. We will arrange a date that fits both Adrien and yourself.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING: By purchasing/booking this workshop, you agree to our terms and conditions regarding refunds / cancellations policies and risk / insurance / safety policies.
(1) Cancellation possible up to 24 hours before the workshop.
(2) The deposit is non-refundable in case of cancellation.
(3) The workshop service starts when the attendees and Adrien meet at the location convened upon prior to the commencement. It means that nor Adrien nor NIGHT LIGHTS FILMS are responsible / liable for any incident or accident involving the attendees and their belongings up to the beginning of the workshop, or after it ends. It also excludes Adrien or Night Light Films for any liability concerning the customers transport / taxi law in force in Norway.
(4) Attendees MUST travel to the location in their own means of transportation, for which they are solely responsible. The attendees will be given the exact meeting location and time and must ensure to travel there in good time and safely, respecting the Norwegian driving laws on the road. Roads may be slippery, wet, icy, so make sure you allow enough time in case of unfavorable weather. Please check www.175.no for traffic conditions. Please also refer with Adrien in case of uncertainties, incident or emergency.
(5) During the workshop: Adrien and NIGHT LIGHTS FILMS decline any responsibility or liability concerning the attendees' photographic gear or belongings. Safety rules will be established at the beginning of the workshop and the attendees must follow them. The shooting conditions will also be explained prior to shooting, and perhaps the conditions of the path taken to the final location. It's the attendees' own responsibility to prepare adequately (clothing, food, fluids, gear...) for this. Please ask Adrien before coming to the workshop and have him explain what conditions will be met (weather, terrain...). Should an emergency occur during the workshop, Adrien will contact the local authorities and let them take over, while following up on the situation. Any cost arisen by any health and emergency situations shall be borne exclusively by the attendees.
Our field workshops DO NOT include transportation. Customers must meet our guide on location in their own means of transportation. (Please read terms and conditions below)